Over 25 different workshops and sites will be open to the public this weekend, Saturday 14th & Sunday 15th September.
The weekend is a chance to learn new skills, pick up tips, tickle your tastebuds and be inspired by community food growing in Somerset.
With more than 135 participating in workshops in 2012 and many more visiting sites, 2013 looks to be even better!
Workshops on Saturday include:
- Walking tour of Edible Gardens in Glastonbury
- Every can grow! Introductory workshops in Glastonbury & South Petherton
- Make your Garden Incredible Edible garden design workshop in Burnham on Sea
- Willow weaving in Frome & the launch of a community orchard
- Getting the best from your plot & what to do with your glorious glut in West Somerset
- Children's Bug Hunt at Axbridge Community Allotment
- Storing & preserving workshop at the Mount Community Garden in Frome
- Managing Common Pests & Diseases at Somerton Allotments
Workshops on Sunday include:
- Incredible Edible Tea Party & Tour at Pilton Road Community Garden
- Everyone can grow! Introductory workshop in Street
- Super Simple Soups - incl. free lunch in Street
- Resilience workshop in Coxley
- Perpetual Edible Gardens workshop in Glastonbury
- No Dig Gardening Talk in Watchett
- Introduction to Permaculture workshops at South Petherton & Somerton Allotments
- Medicinal Landscaping workshop in Compton Dundon
Find a full list of sites and workshops here: https://incredible-edible-somerset.ning.com/page/open-gardens
Total grassroots event. Everything is FREE. Its going to be an amazing weekend, don't miss it!