When: Thursday 17th November 2016, 9.30 - 4.30pm
Where: Unit C1 Thriveability Hub, Northover Buildings, Glastonbury, BA6 9NU
How to book: please email email@example.com
A cheap and tasty source of protein, minerals, vitamin B1 and micronutrients, pulses make a great ally for both healthy eating and economic survival. 2016 has been the International Year of Pulses, in order to raise awareness about their advantages and encourage new uses along the whole food chain.
We will be sharing healthy vegan recipes with beans and pulses being the principle ingredient. We will cover cooking with pulses from soaking to cooking times, focusing on slow food cooking and preparation. The recipes will be of an international flavour yet combining organic, seasonal produce.
The class will include:
• Learning to make wholesome meals with beans and pulses
• Exploring different pulses and their principle uses and history
• Learning which pots to use and cooking times
• How to prepare delicious meals on a budget
• How to combine pulses with other ingredients for optimum taste
• Food and recipes to take home
Cost: The course is run on a sliding scale. Suggested A donation £10 to £50. There are some free places.
Add a Comment